Beginning to learn a new type of game is exciting, right? Thus, you should purchase the right equipment if you want to learn correctly. Even though it can be expensive to learn how to golf, we offer you the golf balls that are not only the most durable but also the most popular choices for amateurs.
The golf balls mentioned will suit your strengths and weaknesses as a beginner so that you can rely on them. If your goal is to play golf during the weekend, we recommend the models that will provide you with distance rather than speed. Whereas, if you want to become better at the game, the balls with medium-soft feel are suitable for your choice.
Take a look at the guide below to learn the basics of golf. Then, we present you with the best golf balls for amateur golfers.
Quick Comparison Table - Top Golf Ball For Amateur's
Features To Consider Before Buying Amateur Golf Ball
There are many ways in which a golf ball can be. For example, a golf ball can have a 1-layer. As it has one layer, they’re less advanced, so they’re cheaper. If you’re right at the beginning of learning how to play the sport, this type of ball is a suitable choice as it teaches you how to control the ball.
- 2-layer balls – This is the most popular choice among golf brands. The structure of the balls is cut-proof, and they provide resilience. Additionally, the medium or soft feel of the shots will allow you to work on your skills. Even though they’re not easy to control, they will ensure a better trajectory.
- 3-layer balls – As technology advances, you can expect to find golf balls that are from three pieces. Some of the golf balls have cores that are either solid or liquid. In general, these balls are from a more durable material, such as Surlyn. The balls covered in urethane are suitable to provide more speed.
It’s important to understand that the spin rate will affect factors such as height and distance of the golf balls. Thus, you must understand the different categories.
- Low Spin – In general, the golf balls that have a little spin will fly in a straight line. Nonetheless, they are suitable for short flights only. The reason for this is because they have a solid feel. Additionally, they do not offer a drawback as they do not stop as soon as they reach the green.
- Mid Spin – This is the most popular category. The perfect combination will ensure that the golf balls provide more distance. Additionally, they have a softer feel and are suitable for people with average swing speed. Thus, you can use these balls if you’re trying to work on your skills.
- High Spin – As the title says, these balls will provide you with the maximum amount of spins in the air. As a beginner, it’s best to stay away from these types of balls. They’re not as durable as the others.
Now that you know some of the keywords let’s take a look at the best amateur golf balls.
1. Nike Golf GL0710-101 PD9
These golf balls feature high velocity due to the ionomer cover. Therefore, the golf balls will pick up speed during flight. Additionally, the 314-dimple aerodynamics will offer a longer distance with a consistent play.
The golf balls have a softer feel accompanied by responsiveness. Additionally, it also has a 2-layer design, which means that you can use the ball to better your skills. If you’re a young player, this is one of the most suitable models because you can control the golf ball. With the help of this ball, you can have a strong performance for first tee shots. If you’re struggling with accurate shots, take a further look at this.
2. Volvik Crystal Golf Balls
By considering this brand, you will receive a 12-pack. Thus, you will have enough golf balls to practice as much as you want. The soft feel of the golf balls will also ensure a long flight distance. The reason why this brand stands out from the rest is that it has the world’s first patented dual-core. Thus, it has a soft layer combined with a hard feel core.
This golf ball is suitable for a short game control due to the soft feel. It also has a low compression core so it can have a responsive feel. In comparison with the others, it has a 3-layer design for an explosive distance.
3. Bridgestone Tour B330-RX
Crafted with a Hydro Core, you can consider this golf ball if you have a low swing speed. The urethane cover means that you can use this golf ball if you want to become better at the game or if you want to play at a competitive level. This model is one of the best golf balls for amateur players.
The mantle layer will also provide a smooth backspin while the design of the ball will help the accuracy of the ball. Constructed with a 330-dimple technology, the consistent flight will help you to work on your speed and how to control the ball. As it’s suitable for a higher rate, it’s best suited for those that can reach a swing speed of up to 80mph.
4. Callaway Hex Black Tour
The i-Core technology has a dual-core craft, which means that you will benefit from an optimized spin. This design means that the outer core has a high compression while the inner core has a soft compression. The excellent trajectory provided through the dual mantle design. The Surlyn ionomers are from different ratios to provide resilience.
Another feature that makes this ball to stand one of the best golf balls for amateur golfers is the Duraspin cover. Made with a urethane cover, you never have to worry about it getting marked or scratched while the Hex aerodynamics will make the dimples to cover 100% of the surface.
5. Titleist DT TruSoft
This model is one of the best amateur golf balls because it has a larger area. It has been crafted with a TruTouch core while ensuring a lower spin. So, if you’re beginning to learn the game, this is the right choice for you. It also has a TruFlex cover for a softer feel so you can have control over the balls.
The improved performance is through aerodynamics standards. For an explosive distance, the ball will pierce through the air smoothly. So, you can use it for a consistent play.
Frequently Asked Question
- 1. Are expensive golf balls better?
No. If you’re starting with golf, you cannot spend a fortune on a golf ball that has is for professionals. The reason for this is because you cannot control the ball better. Thus, the best decision to make is to purchase a ball that has a low compression rate, so it flies further.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to improve your skills and become better at the game, we do recommend that you purchase the golf balls that are with a medium-soft feel.
- 2. Can other factors affect my play?
Depending on the environment, the weather can affect performance. For example, cold air is known to affect the golf balls as it’s denser than the warm air. Thus, providing the golf balls more drag in the air. Some experts say that if you’re playing in colder air, you are losing, on average, 1 yard of distance. This much area can make a difference on the scoreboard.
- 3. Will water affect the golf balls?
Even though the models mentioned are the best on the market, water will affect the balls. Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean that you should be worried as it would take on average 12-hrs for the water to penetrate through. However, bear in mind that you can still use the golf balls even if they fell in ponds.