Picking the right indoor shoes for soccer can be tricky with different brands offering different products. It can be made more difficult if you are looking for one that is great for wide feet.
Making the right choice for your shoes is very important. You wouldn't want to be wearing something inferior or wrong-sized for your game.
We listed the best indoor soccer shoes for wide feet in this article as well as provide our reviews on each one.
As always, we only included products from reputable manufacturer and brands.
Check out our buying guide and reviews below.
Adidas Performance Men's Samba Classic Indoor Soccer Shoe
PUMA Momentta Vulcanized Sala Indoor Soccer Shoe
Diadora Men's Capitano LT Indoor Soccer Shoe
Kelme Star 360 Mens Michelin Leather Mesh Inset Soccer Shoes
adidas Men's F10 In Indoor Soccer Shoe
Q: What is the difference between turf and indoor soccer shoes?
A: It is essential to wear the right shoe for the right type of surface you are playing on.
- Turf shoes have cleats or nubs on the soles. These provide traction when playing on grass or turf.
- They are designed to provide the maximum mobility to the wearer. Their soles are very flexible to promote said mobility.
- Most of them are cut low-top so that they won't restrict the wearer's movements.
- Turf shoes are made especially for artificial turf. The rubber nubs on the bottom provide a lot of grip on grass. They also help the wearer push off on the turn with little effort.
- You can use turf shoes on grass and muddy fields, but the cleats would be ideal. We'll talk about cleats in a bit. Turf shoes won't be of much use on muddy fields but are great on artificial turf.
- Finally, turf shoes provide a small amount of protection against injury because of their low-top design. Yes, they make you more mobile and offer more traction, but offer little sole support.
Indoor Soccer Shoes
- Indoor soccer shoes, on the other hand, have flat soles which make them perfect for playing on hard surfaces such as gym floors.
- Indoor soccer shoes can also be used as a casual everyday shoe. However, they perform their best when used on the court.
- They excel in helping you turn, stop and hit the ball on one foot.
- They have patterns on their outsoles that provide traction when playing on smooth and hard surfaces.
- Most of them are designed to have a low profile fit. This allows you to have as much contact with the surface as much as possible.
- The standard materials for indoor soccer shoes are synthetic leather and kangaroo leather. They use these materials because they are light.
- The indoor soccer shoes need to be light to aid in control and comfort when playing.
Q: Does it matter what type of shoes I wear during indoor soccer?
Yes, it matters what type of shoes you wear during indoor soccer. You would want to be safe and perform at your best during indoor soccer. Wearing the right kind of shoes is very important.
- Turf shoes are specifically designed to work best on artificial turf. Their outsoles are not flat but have rubber studs on them. This helps them cling to the turf and allow the wearer to move fast.
- They will not work on hard, smooth surfaces like a gym floor. You would have difficulty moving since they don't have a flat outsole.
- Running shoes are designed to allow the wearer to run fast in a straight direction. They are not suitable for sharps turns and balancing on one leg to make a shot.
- They typically have larger outsoles filled with gel and air for running.
- You could use them for indoor soccer, but you would not perform your best in them. You would have trouble stopping on a dime, and they might hinder your mobility.
- Cleats are similar to turf shoes in that they are made for outdoor sports. They also don't have flat outsoles. They have rubber or metal studs on their bottoms.
- The studs are there to dig into muddy grounds and grass. They provided the wearer stability and mobility.
- You can't use cleats on hard and smooth surfaces since they will dig into the surface and damage them.
Indoor Soccer Shoes
- Last but not least are indoor soccer shoes. These are practically made for indoor sports.
- They have flat outsoles for maximum traction on indoor surfaces.
- Most of them have rubber non-marking bottoms and low-top cuts.
- These are the perfect shoes for you when playing indoor soccer.
Our Conclusion - The Best Indoor Soccer Shoes for Wide Feet in 2018
We listed the nice indoor soccer shoes for wide feet in 2018. We also provided some vital information regarding cleats, turf shoes and indoor shoes.
There are a lot of great indoor soccer shoes out there, but our favorite is the Adidas Performance Men's Samba Classic Indoor Soccer Shoe.
We just simply fell in love with its classic design. It is durable and looks great. It also has a unique suede overlay that we much appreciate.
This is just our pick, and you don't have to agree with us.
Examine the factors for the best indoor soccer shoes and make a wise choice.
We hope our buying guide and reviews have helped you make an informed decision.