Hunting is becoming an exceedingly popular sport with each passing day. This has prompted the optics industry to cater to the ever-increasing demand for highly effective optics within a range of hunting scopes. Each of their unique makeovers and features needs to be in sync with the capabilities of various cartridges, be it .22 Lr or a .458 Winchester Magnum.
Here is a bonus guide for your quick reference: Best Scopes for a .22-250
Moreover, besides the traditional long-range optics, today’s age also has hunting scopes made to analyze, decide, and then nullify the bullet’s arced trajectory, if at all. Even better, there are hundreds of scopes designed with the intention to help hunters spot coyotes in all kinds of landscapes, be it dense bushes or vast barren and open land. There are also scopes infused with laser range finders that help show a “range to the target” value, within the scope’s objective lens itself.
Based on research and thorough evaluation, we have compiled this list of the 10 best night vision scopes for coyote hunting enthusiasts:
10 Best Night Vision Scopes for Coyote Hunting: Quick Comparison Table
|Bestguarder Digital Widescreen Night Vision Monocular||• Built-in mountable tripod|
• 32 mm objective aperture
• Supports Wi-Fi
|ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope||• Lightning-fast Obsidian 4 Dual Core processor|
• Recoil Activated Video (RAV) with an initial velocity of 2850 fps
• Long eye-relief
|Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope||• Built-in infrared illuminator|
• Objective lens of focal length 52mm
• Unique dove-tail rail mount
|Firefield NVRS 3x42 Gen 1 Night Vision Rifle Scope||• Built-in infrared illuminator|
• Quick detach weaver mount
• Durable water-resistant body
|ATN X-Sight II HD 3-14 Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope||• Laser ballistics digital range finder|
• 20000 mAh battery pack
• 1080p HD recording
|Sightmark Wraith HD Digital Rifle Scope||• 16x magnification|
• 10 reticle types offered
• Day/Night/Green Mode available
|Bushnell Night Vision Equinox Z Monocular||• 750 feet viewing distance|
• Monocular with 4.5x magnification and 1-3x digital zoom
• Has a 40mm objective lens
|Day/Night Colorful Digital Night Vision Scope||• Full-color viewing for day use, black and white or classic green for night vision mode|
• 980 feet night vision range
• 1080p HD video recording can be done
|ATN Auxiliary Ballistic Smart Laser Rangefinder||• Comparatively more affordable than other rangefinders with the same features|
• Pairs with Smart HD – works with ATN’s X-Sight II, X-Sight 4K, and Thor 4 series
• Integrated with the smart ballistic calculator
|Sightmark Night Raider NVRS||• Red and green color range finding reticle|
• Passive starlight device
• Built-in IR illuminator substantially enhances viewing capabilities
Keep reading to know more about each of these scopes that can nail your coyote hunting game:
1. Bestguarder Digital Widescreen Night Vision Monocular
The Night Vision Monocular by Bestguarder is one of the best night vision scopes for coyote hunting. On any given night (even with the rain), you can see approximately 100- 200 yards out with no issues what so ever and easily scout out coyotes, predators, and trespassers.
Either way, for hunting coyotes at out to 250 yards, you won't have any problem using this monocular with the IR it is equipped with. Instructions are dismal to but the scope programs are easy to figure out in a matter of 10-15 minutes of playing around with it.
The only caveat is it eats ordinary alkaline batteries. When using the infra-red beam you will run down a set of 4 AA Duracell alkaline batteries in 20-30 minutes. This can be solved by buying rechargeable Ni-Mh, which lasts much longer on a single charge. The manufacturer recommends using Lithium batteries, but the Ni-Mh works fine as well.
- Unbeatable price
- IR is nothing short of commendable
- Comes with a tripod mount
- Lightweight product
- Battery life not up to the mark
- Picture gets a little pixelated on zooming in too far
2. ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
- Lightning-fast Obsidian 4 Dual Core processor
- Recoil Activated Video (RAV) with an initial velocity of 2850 fps
- Long eye-relief
The ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Scope’s inclusion in the best night vision scopes for coyote hunting directory is no surprise. Increase the versatility of your rifle with an ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Day/Night Rifle Scope Kit that enables you to shoot day or night with optimum clarity.
This advanced digital scope utilizes an advanced Obsidian 4 Dual Core—a highly specialized computer, featuring a high-resolution sensor with distinct night vision capability. An integrated smart rangefinder estimates the distance to your target by taking just 2 readings consecutively and adjusts your reticle's point of impact instantaneously.
The X-Sight 4K Pro Scope also takes 1080P full HD video clips, so you can share your hunting experiences with friends and family. The Recoil Activated Video (RAV) system automatically records video just as the trigger is pulled. Also, Wi-Fi streaming allows you to use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder. Moreover, it easily mounts to firearms using standard 30mm rings (includes 3 rings).
- Inclusion of features like e-barometer, e-compass, and 3D gyroscope
- Compatibility of the kit with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Smart access remote control system that controls the wide array of features
- Compatibility with most mounting systems present
- Freezing issue observed in the scope
- Lack of clarity after 6x magnification
3. Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope
- Built-in infrared illuminator
- Objective lens of focal length 52mm
- Unique dove-tail rail mount
The shooting world yearned for a low cost, yet high-quality night vision rifle scope for coyote hunting. Night Owl Optics addressed this need with the NightShot night vision rifle scope. Made for the hunting and shooting enthusiast who wants to hunt in the dark at a range further than that offered by any other night scope, the Night Vision performance beats scopes priced 3-times higher.
If you are looking for an inexpensive, lightweight, polymer constructed, easy-to-operate night scope, NightShot is for you.
The scope is compatible with any rifle having below 30 caliber bullets (magnum or non-magnum) and those with 30 caliber non-magnum bullets. This is one of the best night vision scopes for coyote hunting using the AR-15.
Check out these additional scope options for the AR-15.
- Very high focusing distance (10m to 150m)
- Best visual display in the market for the price
- NightOwl’s efficient customer service resolves most issues immediately
- Range of 100-200 yards even in pitch black conditions
- Batteries last about 4 hours without the internal IR being on and about 2 with it on
- Battery compartment is mounted at the bottom of the scope, so you have to disassemble the whole product to replace the batteries
4. Firefield NVRS 3x42 Gen 1 Night Vision Rifle Scope
With this NVRS, you get way more than you pay for. A functional Gen1 NVRS won't break the bank. If you want an effective NVRS (night vision rifle scope) with a viewing range up to 100 yards, this is a perfect fit.
To sight in the NV optic, you need to alter the adjustment toggles looking through the scope in such a way that the crosshairs move towards your last shot. The QD clam is quite good. It holds zero, and one can adjust it by closing the rail clam with the scope held in the other hand. Finally, check the drop at the rear of the scope as the clamp may have it touching the rail, which puts undue pressure on the sensitive electronics housing.
Do read the instructions at least twice before removing the scope from its case. This scope is very rugged and well-built but some of the components can be easily damaged by extra exposure to sunlight.
- Ergonomic design and quick power-up
- AA battery is easily replaceable
- NVRS is well worth the price
- Adjustable reticle intensity
- Heavy built
- Cannot be used in daylight
5. ATN X-Sight II HD 3-14 Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
X Sight II may be the first digital scope to break the true HD barrier, but it is one of the best long-range rifle scopes on the market. But what makes ATN’s product far superior to its competition? This hunting scope can maneuver the elements, provide collected data of every shot, and adjust profile for every possible condition, ensuring the scope is zeroed and ready at any range! The X Sight provides clear images, for all your day or night hunting needs.
The image quality is excellent. Some blurring occurs when zoomed in at 14x, which is to be expected.
Night vision comes in the colors green, black, and white. Works well, and the scope includes a small IR flashlight too. The NV quality is above expectations for a scope at this price point.
Still photography also works great. Some images are blurry if you snap them while zoomed in at the max and the scope is not stabilized. All photos include the reticle. The video looks better the lower the magnification!
However, the RAV (Recoil Activated Video) is mediocre. On a 5.56, it does not always activate and when it does the before and after record time do not match the setting that was chosen. For example, if you have it set for RAV at 10 seconds before and 10 seconds after the shot, it may record 3 seconds before and 5 seconds after (provided the recoil triggers the recording).
- Exceptional video and image quality at this price
- Inclusion of the IR flashlight
- Addition of features like the barometer and Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi streaming supported
- Micro SD card is not included
- Bluetooth is advertised to be present along with the scope but is not
6. Sightmark Wraith HD Digital Rifle Scope
Sightmark introduces its new revolutionary and versatile digital riflescope, the perfect scope for day and night time use. The high-resolution Wraith is designed for all hunting applications including coyote, predator, and even deer hunting. Customize your riflescope with 10 reticle options and 9 color choices to fit your needs.
4.5-hours of battery life with 4 AA batteries and an external Micro USB port expands options for power. Added features include a color mode for daytime shooting, black & white, or classic green, and comes with a removable 850 nm IR Illuminator with a detection range of 200 yards.
The package comes with an IR flashlight, objective lens cover, fixed Picatinny mount, and a user manual. The scope mounts very easily, tighten two screws and it's solid.
Right out of the box, it's easy to use. Pop batteries in and you're ready to set it up. There are also a lot of reticle choices.
Zeroing is a piece of cake, fire a grouping (5 rounds is a good start) and navigate the menus to the "Reticle Zero" menu. Hold the center of the crosshairs on your point of aim and move the center of the red X to the middle of your grouping. Save the setting and you're ready to go. Fire another group to see if further adjustments are necessary.
- Relatively easier to use than other scopes
- In daytime mode, the brightness adjusts automatically to provide a crisp image
- Battery life seems to live up to the 4 and a half hours as advertised
- Scope is a second focal plane scope which means that the reticle does not change size when you magnify
7. Bushnell Night Vision Equinox Z Monocular
- 750 feet viewing distance
- Monocular with 4.5x magnification and 1-3x digital zoom
- Has a 40mm objective lens
The Equinox Z Digital Night Vision Monocular from Bushnell uses an infrared-sensitive CMOS sensor and a micro LCD screen for its night vision capabilities, instead of a conventional intensifier tube. A built-in IR illuminator provides an effective night vision range of up to 100'. A side rail enables accessories, like another illuminator, to be attached directly to the monocular.
The screen displays color images during the day, and black and white when the night vision is on for great clarity and contrast. The performance of the monocular is outstanding, but let's get to the night vision because that's what you're trying to purchase here.
The way this works is: You set the eyepiece for your vision (this is a one-time adjustment) and then adjust the monocular for the object you want to view. You'll need to adjust the monocular if the object moves about 20 feet further or nearer to you.
Another factor about night vision; there's an infrared light that when you put on, is visible if you look at it; and it is noticeable. It doesn't project a visible light as a flashlight does, so it's nowhere as noticeable as a flashlight, but if you're concerned about stealth, this would be a major issue. To be precise, if the object that you want to view is in the light, you won't need to turn on the IR.
Overall, it is still a good buy but it has some features that could be improved upon by Bushnell, a company which has earned a remarkable repute for itself in the shooting and hunting business.
- Incredible performance
- Unmatched visual acuity and clarity
- 4.5x magnification, 1-3x digital zoom
- Works better in low light conditions than pitch dark or nighttime conditions
8. Day/Night Colorful Digital Night Vision Scope
- Full-color viewing for day use, black and white or classic green for night vision mode
- 980 feet night vision range
- 1080p HD video recording can be done
This scope ranks 8th on the list of best night vision scopes for coyote hunting. At night, the black and white mode offers more visual range than the green light mode which tends to get grainy on zooming in.
The night vision works well and the added IR illuminator provides additional light and clarity to reach approximately 200m. Additionally, the manual is easy to read and the scope is easy to set up as well as to sight in.
The whole package comes with everything that is needed, a nice looking case, mounts, spare battery, charger, memory card, and cables.
Also, the crosshairs are adjusted backward from conventional scopes, so it takes a little getting used to for those who have already been using NVRS for a long time.
- Comes with an aim setting and locking system
- Crafted from high strength aircraft aluminum
- Ultra-compact design for easy operation
- Quite heavy for a scope of its size
9. ATN Auxiliary Ballistic Smart Laser Rangefinder
- Comparatively more affordable than other rangefinders with the same features
- Pairs with Smart HD – works with ATN’s X-Sight II, X-Sight 4K, and Thor 4 series
- Integrated with the smart ballistic calculator
This is a brand new product offered by ATN as a part of their premium scopes range. However, it does have its fair share of flaws.
The instructions are incorrect on the direction of battery insertion and procedure to pair the ABL to the scope. The CR2 battery is also slightly out of spec, so the weatherproofing on the battery slot doesn't seal using the included battery.
Very clunky/unreliable attachment mechanism that makes it difficult to mount level with the scope using bubble levels. Mounting the ABL causes the scope cover that comes with the Thor 4 to no longer fit. The way this ABL attaches also prevents mounting lens covers.
Before attempting pairing, be sure you have the required firmware installed.
- Light-weight, durable titanium body
- Smart Ballistic Calculator – just press one button to integrate with your Smart Scope and shift your reticle to the new POI (Point of Impact)
- Very simple to attach the laser rangefinder
- Ballistic calculator works excellently
- Target calibration difficult to set up
- Problems encountered when linking scope to rangefinder despite the ease in attachment
10. Sightmark Night Raider NVRS
- Red and green color range finding reticle
- Passive starlight device
- Built-in IR illuminator substantially enhances viewing capabilities
From tactical setups to a hunting scope fitted on your favorite rifle, each optic is designed for a range and reticle style to best match the conditions you'll find in the hunting arena. This makes it one of the best night vision scopes for hunting coyotes.
The 60 mm lens improves light gathering capability significantly. The Night Raider 3x60 is a passive starlight device, which means it does not require an artificial or infrared light source to operate. However, the built-in IR illuminator substantially enhances viewing capabilities, especially in environments of absolute darkness.
Included is a durable, protective flip-up objective lens cover, remote control, and a photo/video adapter. A stabilized power supply drives the riflescope and integrates recoil resistance, thus providing an uninterrupted power supply to the scope while shooting. Also included is a weaver rail mount that allows you to mount the Night Raider 3x60 Riflescope onto weapons.
- 3-year warranty
- Inclusion of the protective flip-up lens cover
- Incremental reticle brightening adjustment
- High power IR with built-in focus
- Image blurriness on magnification
- Some users find it quite inconvenient to set up
What Makes The Best Night Vision Scope for Coyote Hunting: Buying Guide
While looking out for the best NVRS available, a few key features have to be kept in mind to ensure tactical performance and visual accuracy. A scope’s primary function is to collect ambient light and amplify it, which is where magnification and reticle quality comes into play. There should be a high picture aiming frame alongside good durability and scalable ballistic calculators.
Here is a set of features to look out for while buying the best night vision scope for coyote hunting. Apart from on-point magnificent capabilities and a quality reticle. Focus on these 3 elements.
Parallax enables shooters to believe that their aim is spot-on even when it is not, and reduces inaccuracy.
- Size, Weight, and Ease in Maneuvering
Remember that the longer the optics are, the more difficult it is to transport. If the rifle is used regularly or only used for short to mid-range targets, it is probably best to not opt for a larger scope as it becomes bulky and difficult to carry on hunting expeditions.
Being able to maneuver the gear easily is crucial in getting the best shots. To allow easy usage, the knobs of the scope should not be complicated. They should also be of the right size because knobs that are too long or too short give rise to complications.
- Eye relief
Eye relief is the distance from the rear lens your eye requires to see a full picture. The industry average for a fixed-power scope is about 3 1/2 inches. For most variables, you'll start about at the lower power, and go to about 2 1/2 inches when you crank up to maximum magnification.
Typically, bigger eye relief is preferred to avoid exerting excess strain on the eyes and to avoid recoil-related eye injuries. Scopes with adjustable eye reliefs help customize the feature to the user’s comfort.
Night vision systems have been in trend recently, with the ever-increasing demand for them rising exponentially.
Night vision systems can also be installed in vehicles. An automotive night vision system is used to improve a vehicle driver's perception and seeing distance in darkness or poor weather. Such systems typically use infrared cameras, sometimes combined with active illumination techniques, to collect information that is then displayed to the driver. Such systems are currently offered as optional equipment on certain premium vehicles.
This guide covers everything you need to know to make an informed purchase of a night vision rifle scope. One thing to keep in mind while making a purchase is that as the generation of the NVRS increases, so does its price. As a result, Generation 1 night vision rifle scopes are generally the cheapest and the most sought after for beginners in this list of the best night vision scopes for coyote hunting.
Here are a few more informational guides to scopes for you from our side: