With the popularity of artificial turf fields increasing, the need to find the best turf soccer shoes is on the rise. Artificial turfs are the smarter and more environment-friendly option in the current scenario. The shoes chosen for these grounds should promote the same ideals. These shoes adapted for the synthetic surfaces also make sure that the artificial field is not damaged during the game. Remember, using inappropriate boots on the turf can also affect the player’s performance.
Some factors that decide the efficiency of a pair of cleats on the turf are:
- Lightweight designs that appeal to the player’s tastes encourages the player to get into the game with vigor. The boots should not burden and hurt the feet during or even after the game. Moreover, the elegant and sleek looks of the cleats boost the player’s confidence as well.
- Look out for thin tongues with minimal padding, as they increase the contact between the feet and the ball.
- Thin insoles will suit a turf soccer player. It gives adequate cushioning and support needed during a game without hurting the feet.
- Outsoles made out of rubber, with stud patterns suited for the artificial ground, is an important feature that the best turf soccer shoes should possess. Excellent traction is the key element to look for in this aspect.
- The toebox of the shoe should offer enough space but make sure that it is not too loose. Too much or too little space in the toebox hinders mobility.
- Shoes with shaft measures that offer the right fit and maximum flexibility should be considered as it influences the performance tremendously.
Table of Contents
10 Best Turf Soccer Shoes in 2022 – Quick Comparison Table
|Adidas Performance Mundial Team||• Highly responsive|
• Increased multi-directional grip
• Great cushioning
|PUMA Men's Future 19.1||• Highly durable|
• Suited for wider feet
• Great control
|PUMA Men's Evopower Vigor 3||• Good comfort|
• Great flexibility
• Long-lasting materials
|Mizuno Men's Morelia II||• Utilizes kangaroo leather|
• Great durability
• Japanese design
|Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3||• Boosts speed|
• Snug fit
• Good flexibility
|Adidas Predator Mutator 20.1||• Aggressive design|
• Great grip
• Flexible sole
|Nike Phantom Venom Elite||• High comfortability|
• Increased striking space
|Nike Phantom VSN Elite||• Excellent comfortability|
• Aggressive traction
• Good fit
|PUMA King Top DI||• Kangaroo leather|
• Highly durable
• Simple design
|Adidas Men's ACE 17+ PURECONTROL||• Sleek design|
• Highly flexible
• Good comfort
A single pair of turf cleats cannot offer all desired by the turf soccer player, but one can always hope. This article has been put together with the front runners for the best turf soccer shoes in 2022.
1. Adidas Performance Mundial Team
With its highly responsive and performance-ready design, these Adidas cleats are crafted explicitly for turf courts. The design effectively prevents accidental injuries during the game and provides comfort during the most aggressive games. Moreover, the cleats are manufactured from 100% leather, which offers durability and added luxury.
The Mundial Team cleats have a split-suede leather upper and a rubber outsole. The pre-molded EVA midsole supplies cushioning, and a die-cut EVA insole ensures internal comfort. Also, a unique TRAXION outsole is included for increased multi-directional grip.
Though coming under the slightly heavier side, these cleats have a fine-grained stud pattern, which counts for excellent traction. Most importantly, these shoes are very easy to break-in. The soft inner lining of the shoes and the no-chafe heel keep the feet comfortable even during the most grueling games.
2. PUMA Men's Future 19.1
Equipped with the Netfit system that allows for customizing the cleats' fit with extra lace loops, these boots offer extra lockdown on desired areas of the foot. PUMA provides the best shock collar in the market, and Future 19.1 does not disappoint in this aspect. The chances of chafing are zero, and it allows for excellent ankle mobility.
The lace holes are smaller in size, which prevents damage from stray studs, and the lateral location of these holes makes the boots suitable for people with wider feet. The tongue of the shoe is attached to the upper, making it one piece. It also has a good stretch and is more accommodating. As a result, players can also use these shoes without lacing them up.
The evoKNIT PRO technology combined with the 3D Havoc Frame gives a sleek upper, which provides the foot with closer contact with the ball. It is also coated in silicon to provide more grip and control. The durable materials and the latest Future 19.1 make it one of the best turf soccer shoes available.
3. PUMA Men's Evopower Vigor 3
Carefully engineered to facilitate the foot's natural movement, PUMA evoPOWER Vigor 3 helps deliver powerful strikes each time. The stretchy spandex of the top allows for a molded fit. In contrast, the soft synthetic material of the ankle sock provides comfort and prevents chafing.
Owing to the ADA plate material, the shoe's sole is flexible enough to let the feet bend while shooting. Thus, these cleats do not need time to be broken in and give a personal fit on the first try. Additionally, the Gradual Stability Frame soleplate gives extra stability and support during the game.
The accuFOAM pods on the shoe even out the uneven surfaces of the foot, which gives more accurate strikes. Another positive is the well-molded toebox. Above all, the long-lasting material used in the manufacturing process of the shoe guarantees an increased lifespan.
4. Mizuno Men's Morelia II
Mizuno Morelia II is made from premium materials like 100% kangaroo leather for a natural ball touch. The kangaroo leather gives a quilted, luxurious, and comfortable feeling for the feet, even during intense sessions. The secure fitting of the shoe guarantees improved flexibility and agility.
The graded sole plates of the cleats offer unmatched durability. Additionally, the external heel counter supports the feet with extra balance during quick multi-directional movements. One cannot ignore the Japanese craftsmanship of Mizuno that guarantees durability. The soleplate and the uppers are riveted.
The dense taffeta polyester backing, as well as double-stitching on the leather, prevents the upper from overstretching. For cushioning and comfort, Mizuno provides a removable in-sock and a padded leather tongue. With its comfortability and craftsmanship, this lightweight kangaroo leather boots is surely one of the best turf soccer shoes.
5. Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3
They specifically designed for speed, the Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3 limits the loss of energy on the field. The shoes are incredibly lightweight and have a full-knit collar that stays snug around the ankle, giving a taped look and feel. It also allows for easy entry and, in turn, an unrestricted fit.
Another interesting feature of the cleats is its lacing system. It is more suitable to describe the lacing design as a locking down system because of its minimalistic nature. This makes the cleats fit the athlete like second-skin. The player's speed is further enhanced with the stick-and-go traction and instant propulsion provided by the soles.
The upper is made of lightweight and durable material, which allows for comfort on the field. At the same time, the soleplate is made of lightweight carbon fiber weave, which is flexible and supports the feet well.
6. Adidas Predator Mutator 20.1
With its animalistic design, the inclusion of 'Demonskin' spines over the upper and heel counter, the Adidas cleats live up to their name. These spines also increase the grip of the shoe. As compared to the previous generation, the knit material covering the upper is thinner and rigid.
The forefoot is very flexible, and a stiff mid-sole gives a boost forward every time the foot is flexed. This is a power boot that enables packing a punch behind each pass. The Demonskin spines emphasize the ball's grip, and it does not take much time to get used to this feature.
The shoe is FG/AG compatible, which is an added benefit. The cleats offer a natural bend around the footballs, which has been appreciated by many users. Also, the upper softens' lateral side up after a game, and the shoe is a must-try for a player focusing on short passes and powerful strikes.
7. Nike Phantom Venom Elite
With no sock collar, the Phantom Venom Elite has a honeycomb type pattern on the forefoot. The laces are partially covered by the Flyknit tongue, which gives more remarkable space, and the midfoot is also protected by Flyknit material to pack a punch into each strike.
The unique soleplates are especially aggressive and aid with control during agile movements. All credits to the incredibly thin upper that makes the cleats comfortable and offer a nice stretch. True to its size, these boots are not the best option for people with wider feet, but it accommodates most sizes.
The toebox is softer than its predecessors, and the lightweight construction of the shoe does not hold the athlete back from the game. All in all, the Phantom Venom is a versatile shoe suitable for all types of skill sets.
8. Nike Phantom VSN Elite
Described as the best-knitted boots in the game, Nike's Phantom VSN Elite has an exceptionally soft Flyknit upper that certainly earns the product brownie points. The soft and stretchy area around the tongue accommodates the foot easily while slipping the shoe on. Also, the knit is covered by a thin waxy layer for protection.
Rough bumps around the instep area give better traction and control over the ball. The boot's stud pattern, which is bladed near the heel and a mix of angular and rounded shapes at the forefoot, gives more aggressive traction.
Finally, the Quadfit mesh that is the base of the boot gives a compressive feel that is not constrictive. Ghostface technology is another commendable quality. The Ghostface feature provides more room for cleaner strikes. Simultaneously, the laces are hidden by the tongue and can be fastened with a single pull.
9. PUMA King Top DI
With its kangaroo leather upper, the PUMA King Top DI has caught both the young and old school footballers' attention. The easy to clean material and durability has further endeared the product to avid athletes. This lightweight shoe also comes with a Pebax outsole that guarantees flexibility.
Comfort and durability provided by the directly injected soled studs are much sought out traits by the traditionalists. The foldover tongue keeps the laces in check and provides a clean striking area. These boots are evidently the perfect blend of heritage and modernism.
The innovative design makes the cleats fit for players in any position. The cushioned EVA insole offers feet support, and the traditional lace-up mechanism makes customizable fit possible. Such features, along with the ankle lining of the shoe, keeps blisters and chafing away. Keep in mind; the shoes are usually half a size bigger, so they fit people with wider feet.
10. Adidas Men's ACE 17+ PURECONTROL
With ACE 17+ PURECONTROL, the Three Stripes puts forward a laceless knitted boot suitable for incredible levels of intensity. The shoes are much sleeker than the last generation, and they fit all around the foot on the first try itself. Also, there is an inner sleeve lining that locks the foot in place without constricting movements.
The soleplate has great flexibility after the break-in. For greater comfort, the place of meeting of the forefoot and midfoot has excellent flex. Another benefit is the amount of contact the thin upper gives, ultimately offering cleaner strikes without causing blisters or chafing.
Built to last, Adidas offers cleats that are true to their size. Do not forget to consider the sock-like collar made from a synthetic elastic material, which enhances the look and protection offered by these cleats.
Features To Consider
Optimized for the turf, each brand of turf shoes has particular features that make it unique. A well-fitting pair of shoes does wonders for the performance during a match; along with it, these are some features in a new pair of cleats that will complement a player's skills:
- Ankle height: The height of the collar is important for the safety and movement of the player. While high collar shoes offer protection to the ankles while sprinting, this feature hinders the player's free movement. Mid-collared and low-collared cleats should be preferred as they do not restrict the player or exert pressure on the joint.
- Studs: Studs are the tiny raisings on the outsole that gives the player added traction. Games played on artificial and real grass requires different kinds of studs on the shoes—the type and the number of studs matter. Better stability and grip come with an increase in the number of studs. The studs evenly distribute the weight of the player, thus making the player more steady. Look for suitable shoes that work well on turfs before making a choice.
- Size: Soccer cleats are usually narrower than regular shoes. This makes it difficult for people with wider feet to find a perfect fit. A rightly sized shoe will enhance the performance, while a shoe that fits too tightly or loosely is sure to cause injuries.
- Weight: Preferences about the weight of the cleats vary with individuals, but lightweight shoes always offer comfort to the wearer, unlike the bulkier ones. The weight of the shoe also determines how swift and agile the player's movement can be.
- Material: High-quality materials like knit, calfskin leather, kangaroo leather, or synthetic materials make the cleats last longer. The kind of material matters because these protect the feet and ensure the comfort of the player. Some materials also have the added benefits of enhanced grip while in touch with the ball.
- Price: A higher price tag does not guarantee that the product is far superior to the others in the market. Choose wisely, considering the factors like comfortability, practicality, fit, and materials utilized to get the best turf soccer shoes for yourself.
Maintaining The Turf Cleats
Proper care and maintenance of the soccer shoes lead to their increased durability. Well maintained and grit-free boots certainly create a better impression of the player. Here are a few ways to care for your new boots:
- Use a boot brush or a toothbrush to scrape away the dirt accumulated. Clean the outsoles to get rid of the grit that reduces the traction.
- Get rid of the stains using soap and water. Wipe it down with a paper towel to dry.
- Refrain from using cleats that are not completely dry as moisture trapped in the shoes causes lasting damage.
- Loosen the laces and increase the airflow while drying the shoes. Remove the insoles before washing and drying the cleats.
- Scrunched up paper balls are helpful in absorbing the moisture from inside the soccer cleats.
- Do not use hairdryers and ovens to dry the soccer shoes as they can cause permanent damage to the boots.
- If the cleats have expanded in size with wear, soak them in warm water to shrink them. This works well for shoes made out of natural materials. Remember, cleats that do not fit properly hinder movement and performance.
- Use leather protectants on the cleats made from leather to prevent warping.
- Lace the shoes to fit the feet well. Improperly laced shoes have higher chances of being damaged as well as hurting the player.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes a shoe suitable for the turf?
To suit the changes in the ground, shoes with hard outsoles are important for turf soccer. Effective traction is another necessity on the sold turf grass. Appropriate stud pattern and proper fit of the shoe to prevent sliding on the artificial ground also makes a pair of shoes into one of the best turf soccer shoes.
2. Can I use running shoes for turf soccer?
It is not advised to use running shoes on the artificial turf to bring about unfavorable results. Running shoes do not provide the necessary traction and support needed on the turf. Furthermore, shoes that are not suited for the turf damage to the ground.
3. Will turf shoes work on other grounds?
Turf shoes do not work as well on any other fields than the artificial ones. The cleats have rubber studs on them, which hold on to the ground and allow for quick movements. These shoes will not give the best results during games on other grounds as they lack flat outsoles and metal studs.
There are some great soccer shoes out there. Picking out the best one of these requires research, and we hope to have helped you in that endeavor. Undoubtedly, with the data available to us, the Adidas Performance Mundial Team soccer shoes take the spot for the best turf soccer shoes in 2022.
With its high durability, premium construction, and extreme comfortability, the Adidas Performance Mundial Team turf soccer cleats deserve to be on your must-try list. Moreover, it is reasonably priced for all the features it packs. We recommend these cleats because their ability to withstand wear and tear has truly astonished us.
We appreciate this pair of cleats do not have to force your hand while making a choice. Go for the pair that will fit your needs and budget. Look up the factors that make a solid pair of turf soccer shoes and choose wisely. We hope this buying guide has made it easy for you to narrow down your options and make a decision.